People can buy different types of frying pans easily. Most people experience great difficulty to find the right frying pans they need. This is true as frying pans come to the market at various brands and prices.
To create high quality cookware, the manufacturer has to use different types of cookware materials. These materials include ceramic, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, anodized aluminium or clad stainless steel with copper or aluminium core. Ceramic frying pans are very popular in our society. However, before you buy any frying pans, you need to learn ceramic frying pan's pros and cons.
Ceramic Frying Pan Pros
No one can deny that ceramic frying pan is prevalent in the market. Here are four reasons why.
- Promote healthy eating. Ceramic frying pans are non-stick frying pan that allows you to cook or fry any food with little of less oil. This kind of frying pan is suitable for those who want to reduce calories and cholesterol intake. If you are on a strict weight loss diet, cooking with a ceramic frying pan is highly recommended.
- Ceramic is the safest cookware material. We have mentioned earlier that manufacturers use different types of cookware materials such as ceramic, stainless steel, copper, cast iron, etc. Unlike other materials, ceramic doesn’t release any dangerous substance to your food. Therefore, for health safety reasons, choosing the ceramic frying pans is always the right option.
- Non Reactive to Acid. Unlike other cooking material, ceramic is the best cookware material that doesn’t react to acidic food. Cooking acidic food such as fish, tomatoes, and citrus fruit in a reactive frying pan can change the color of the food. Moreover, reactive cookware can emit metallic taste to your food.
- A ceramic frying pan is easy to clean. This frying surface is designed and made with the notn-stick layer. This design allows you to clean the frying pan easily. To clean your frying pan, you can simply use a warm cloth or washing sponge. A ceramic frying pan is dishwasher safe. However, if you want to make your ceramic cookware last longer, hand wash is always recommended?
Ceramic Frying Pan Cons
There is nothing perfect in this world and so for ceramic cookware. Here are a few disadvantages of having a ceramic frying pan.
- Frying pans don’t last as long. The ceramic coating on the bottom of your frying pan will eventually fade away. To make ceramic frying pans last longer, proper care needs to be given most of the time. With good care, you can use your pan safely for at least two years.
- Sometimes food sticks. Over time, the ceramic coating has worn out. As a result, your food will stick to the bottom of the pan easily.
- Ceramic cookware can chip easily. The ceramic coating on your frying pan can chip easily. To avoid scratches and chipping, metal utensils need to be avoided.
You have learned about ceramic frying pan pros and cons. I hope this article will help you to choose the right frying pan that you need.